Ailsa had the op on 7 April, which meant we had a very busy week leading up to the big walk. She came home while I was still out on the track too. When she saw me next morning she gave me the biggest cuddle I've had from her for ages.
On 19/04/2008, at 4:51
I must get the bairns on the phone to Mum again soon. She seems to get a lot of pleasure out of it.
I'll be spending a quiet weekend at home this weekend, so may get time put photos up on the blog.
Regards, Alf
(composed on my AyePod)
On 19/04/2008, at 4:51
I'm really proud of you for doing your big walk, and will donate £20 to Oxfam accordingly. Really great cause btw. Hope all is well at home, things have calmed down here somewhat, Mum has been chirpyer than i've seen her in years except today she was really tired. She was so pleased to hear from you and the kids. How is Ailsa doing now? Has she had her op yet? I hope Angus doesn't feel left out of the attention, he is a fantastic wee laud.
Love to L and bairns
Mo xxxxI hope you can take a moment to read this and help if possible. Sorry about the form letter, but for such a good cause, I'm hitting on all my contacts - recent and not so recent.No pressure!I'm inviting you to donate to our fund-raising efforts on behalf of Oxfam Australia. Our Trailwalker team walked 100km over 38 hours last weekend to raise money to help fund Oxfam's excellent work around the world. During the event, we were supported by an excellent team of volunteers who kept us supplied with everything we needed to keep on the move. As well as being provided with nourishing meals by dear friends, we were massaged by Meng Fong - a most excellent masseur who kindly donated his time. If you ever need any of his services - check Meng out.We in Australia and other developed countries are very lucky. We live in wealthy countries where there is plenty of everything. While I walked during the training and the event last weekend, I thought about the people we want to help. Many of these people have next to nothing. Many die because of the lack of clean water or basic food. If you can help – even with a small donation – it will all add up to big improvements in the lives of others.We have been keeping our donors informed before and during the event using our team page:Many thanks,AlfIf you or others want to play our Trailwalker Challenge game, click here

1 comment:
Fantastic cause indeed!! Does it count if they get a DD out of me every month anyway? Well done, looks like you all enjoyed the weekend.
Post a Comment